Sunday, September 7, 2008

Shorts yesterday...

...mock turtleneck today! Packing for the 3-Day will be interesting :P

There was a race of some sort going on at the lakes this morning. Some random musings/tidbits from today's walk:

Tidbit: Saw a man wearing a shirt with the tags still attached. There's no possible way he couldn't have known they were there, because they were attached near his arm-pit and brushed his arm with every step he took.

Tidbit: It smelled like french fries for a good chunk of the way around Lake Harriet. Don't quite know why.

Musing: A woman walking in the opposite direction of the race-runners cheered them on. By waving two cowbells at them. If I had been running the race, I might have punched her.

Tidusing: I cheated.

As I alluded to in my first sentence, it was cold this morning, so I dressed for it. What I did not dress for was the rain. When it started, I peeked through the trees to see how far away I was from the Lake Harriet Bandshell, and saw the turrets almost directly across from where I was.

Great. It wasn't pouring, but this was no sprinkle, so I was going to get soaked at this pace.

So I started running.

Whoops.

I hadn't run since I tore my meniscus earlier this year, and had actually pretty much decided to get my cardio exercise elsewhere. It's just really hard on my body, and I'm not sure it's worth it.

But man, did it feel good to run. And it got me home faster! Not exactly part of the WALK training regimen, but whatcha gonna do. It rained off and on for awhile, and I did run-walk intervals, until I realized that my knee was bothering me quite a bit. (Again/already? Really? Sigh.)

Can't wait to start hitting Crossfit (and/or kickboxing!!) again!

Till then, it's back to walking for me :)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I'm guessing the cold rain didn't help the knee either. I know mine doesn't like those conditions.