Friday, August 8, 2008

Thanks, Mom!!!!

This week I sold baklava at work again. LOTS of baklava.

I had no time whatsoever to help make this batch, so my mom offered to do it. I don't know if any of you are aware of what goes into the baklava-making process, but it's a lot of time and effort, even for a seasoned expert like my mom.

This time around, I gave people the option of pre-ordering plates of baklava (major kudos to Jake for that idea), and I got 17 orders!!! So my mom, who had kindly agreed to making a pan or two before the orders were in, ended up making FOUR pans of baklava, and one pan of another delicious dessert called conaffa, which at the last minute she generously offered to donate for the sale as well.

After packaging up the 17 plates, I still had some baklava leftover to sell by the piece along with the conaffa. So I set up a station upstairs in the lunchroom, added a pond of rubber duckies, and $180 later, all but a few ducks were gone!!

Thank you to everyone who bought my mom's delicious desserts or my cute little rubber duckies, thanks again to Jake for coming up with the great idea to offer pre-ordering, and A HUGE THANK-YOU TO MY MOM for taking the time and effort to make all the tasty goodness that sold so well!

1 comment:

...the Dad said...

Namistay Salwa!

You're almost to your goal; we're watching and hoping.

Thanks for co-walking with Steph!