Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Mini-Panic

It's going to be fine. I know it is.

But when I think about the amount of money I still have to raise ($1050 to meet the minimum to walk, $1350 to make goal), and the fact that I don't have any more fundraising events planned as of just yet, and the fact that I have plans (ranging from tentative to concrete) for all but one weekend from now until August, I can't help but feel a small twinge of panic.

It almost - almost - makes me want to run to my 3-Day page and send out a reminder email to everyone on my list, mentioning casually that although 3 months and 8 days might seem like plenty of time to get their donation in, it's not, in fact it's hardly any time at all and seeing the number on my little donation thermometer thingy stay stagnant for so long is kind of freaking me out so FOR THE LOVE OF ALL THAT IS GOOD IN THE WORLD WON'T YOU PLEASE GO TO MY PAGE AND DONATE RIGHT NOW THIS MINUTE?!?!??!?

Deep breath.

But I won't do that of course, because it's fine. The most recent donation was made 9 days ago, which I suppose isn't that long, is it? And I do have $1150 so far, most of which was raised in about a month, which is kind of a lot, isn't it? And I'm meeting with Steph tomorrow (yay!) to plan some mutual fundraising events, and I'm sure we'll find a way to schedule them sooner rather than later, won't we?

I'm a glass-half-full kinda girl, most of the time.

It's going to be fine.

2 comments:

steph said...

Oh my gosh, I totally could have written this exact same page. I'm freaking out too!!!
We have some major planning to do tomorrow . . .

steph said...

(er....that's "post" not "page" -- see, I'm freaking out so much I can't even type correctly!)