Sunday, July 20, 2008

Walmart Fundraiser

Steph and I spent a good chunk of this weekend sitting outside the Eden Prairie Walmart, selling pink ribbon merchandise. I have to say, I had pretty high expectations for sales (from what I'd read on the 3-day message boards), and unfortunately, we pulled in a lot less than I thought we would.

However, we both walked away with a nice chunk of change and a greater appreciation for the efforts entailed in fund-raising. I think we each privately vowed never to blow off someone who is trying to raise money for a cause like this! We had plenty of very nice people approach us and make donations (some asking for nothing in return), and thank us for what we are doing.

Here are some pictures from the event, including some shots of our merchandise. We do have some of everything left over, so if you're interested in making a donation/purchase, let me know!

On Saturday, a sudden rainstorm blew in. Luckily there was an overhang outside the store, so we just moved everything about 10 feet back, and stayed mostly dry!

Duckies watching the rain...

Steph

Me

Pink ribbon rubber duckies in their pool

They're really cute, and were a great hit!

People also really liked the assorted yellow rubber duckies.

Pink ribbon post-it pads

Pink rubber bracelets: Faith, Hope, Strength, and Survivor

I've started dabbling in acrylic painting, and painted a few 4x4 canvases. One sold, four to go!

Today we had a visit from Jessica and her friend! Here she is picking out triplets.

Thanks for coming down, we really appreciate the support!!

No comments: